Wednesday 30 March 2016

All Inn for Derby

This week I've added another new building to my generic 'horse and musket northern Europe' property portfolio. It was constructed and finished in a similar way to other buildings I've posted about this month (construction and finishing) so I will not repeat all that stuff here. The only thing I've done differently for this one is to roughly back paint the windows onto the walls, in three shades of blue, before I glued the window frames on.

As with all of my buildings, this one is under-scale. At a guess, size wise, for length and depth, I'd say it is closer to 20mm scale than 28mm. The trick, I think, when modelling under-scale buildings is to get the scale of the height right and to get the size of the doors and windows right - that way the building fools the eye when figures are placed next to it. As per usual these days, the doors, windows and shutters on this building are by War Bases.

Even under-scale the model is quite a large one; it is on a 270mm x 190mm base; it is about 150mm tall. The garden / yard has sufficient room for two units. 



So there it is:  The 'Two Roosters' coaching inn. I hope you like it.




Now I only need to make two simple two storey houses with yards. 

What for? 

For a Lobositz 1756 demonstration game at the Derby World's show later this year, of course. Perhaps I'll see you there.







8 comments:

Phil said...

What a beautiful inn!

Neil Scott said...

Excellent looking inn

Der Alte Fritz said...

Very nice model

David said...

That's a super piece of work! Looking forward to seeing the game in October too.

Fritz II. said...

Wow, that's great. Your output concerning the hobby is enormous and the quality of your output is on a very high level.

Gonsalvo said...

Really excellent looking inn!

tidders said...

Great model - looks the biz.

Mad Padre said...

Very impressive. I especially like the texturing of the chimney. Bravo.